Nantwich Writers' Group Logo
Nantwich Writers' Group
Carole's Writing Blog
Welcome to The Nantwich Writers' Group Web Site
Please feel free to look around - you'll find information about the group's work, our group diary as well as the writing diaries of individual members.
 Home
 About Penny
 Perpetual Story
 News
 Message Boards
 Links
 Bookshelf
 Contact
 Group Blog
 Penny’s Blog
 Sharon’s Blog
 Iona’s Blog
 Chris’ Blog
 Richard's Blog
 Christopher's Blog
 Kate's Blog
 Joan's Blog
 Shirley's Blog
 Carole's Blog
 Writesville
  Never done this before
Powered by Blogger

What a weekend!
Monday, May 29, 2006
My god-daughter got married on Saturday, so we had to get all dressed up, (can't understand why my usual denim skirt and t-shirt were unacceptable?) flowing skirt suit for me and suit for Mike, didn't recognise us for a minute! She looked absolutely gorgeous, did the weather co-operate? Not likely. Does the weather not know it's supposed to be getting sunny and warm? As she arrived and left the church it drizzled, not that it dampened the celebrations or the sheer joy of the day. Luckily when we got to the reception, the clouds rolled away, the sky cleared and the sun came out, so as well as having a wonderful wedding day to remember they'll have some fabulous photographs as well.

Today, Monday, well this is a sort of catchup on all those jobs you put of until it gets to the point that you really have to do them. For instance, my curtains are now white not sort of greyish! I love the sunshine, but where does all the dust come from?

Ah well, speaking of dust, it's back to work tomorrow, so I'd better finish my dusting, weed the garden, clean the conservatory and then, finally I can do some more at my book.

Do you know, I'm sure I was born to have servants?

CaroleK
Posted by Cheshire Cats on 11:07 am   

2 Comments:
Anonymous Sharon J said...

LOL. I've always said I was born into the wrong family, too! I should have been filthy rich with all kinds of servants instead of being born in London's East End to a family who never had two ha'penny's to rub together! Ah well... I wouldn't swap my dear ol' mum for all the servants in the world so maybe things weren't quite so bad after all :)

11:26 am, May 30, 2006   


Blogger Carole K said...

Well I wouldn't (mostly!) swap my family for anything, but sometimes telling myself that dust protects the furniture doesn't always work! :)

12:39 pm, May 30, 2006   


Post a Comment

<< Home